Meditation Made Easy for Your Everyday Life
Meditation can be a powerful tool to help you practice Mindfulness. As a survivor of sexual abuse, you may find that you have a need to find the peace that meditation can bring.
Below are five different ways to meditate that might help you feel grounded, centered, and present as you utilize the strategy of Mindfulness.
- The feeling of your feet hitting the ground with each step.
- The way your breath feels as you inhale and exhale.
- The smells in the air around you.
- The sounds you can pick out that you may not have noticed otherwise.
- The way the air moves around you as you walk.
Experiencing trauma in your past can lead to anxious thoughts. Meditation can help you move past those thoughts, let them be, and live in the present.
Meditation doesn’t have to be complicated or scary. It doesn’t require a mountaintop or formal training. Take a few minutes today to see if meditation works for you and if it can be another tool to use on your healing journey.
Share this Post