Disclaimer: photos, videos and logos can be used for editorial purposes. Commercial and personal use is prohibited.
For press inquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An estimated 1 in 4 women is a survivor of child sexual abuse.
- Children know the perpetrator in around 80% of the reported cases of sexual abuse.
- Child sexual abuse and adolescent sexual assault are associated with increased rates of alcohol and substance abuse.
- Children who experience sexual abuse are at least three times more likely to attempt suicide later in life and as they get older, the risk of suicide attempts increases.
- The estimated economic cost of child sexual abuse totals over $9.3 billion annually.
- Sexually abused youth are 1.6 times more likely than the general population to use outpatient treatment for a mental or physical health problem.
Impact of the Saprea Retreat
A validated and published study has confirmed the Saprea Retreat significantly helps reduce the impacts of child sexual abuse. The researchers indicated that the Saprea Retreat was highly engaging and likely delivered more continuous healing experiences than most individuals would have received with the same amount of treatment hours in an outpatient setting.1
On average, participants also see:
- 37% reduction of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms.
- 45% improvement in life satisfaction.
- 19% increase in ability to cope with their traumatic experience.
- 5% increase in social support.