Disclaimer: photos, videos and logos can be used for editorial purposes. Commercial and personal use is prohibited.
For press inquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An estimated 1 in 4 women is a survivor of child sexual abuse.
- Children know their perpetrator in 90% of sexual abuse cases.
- Sexual abuse can lead to increased risk of substance abuse.
- 34% of youth internet users experience unwanted exposure to sexual material.
- Sexual abuse can lead to increased risk of unhealthy relationships.
University research confirmed The Haven Retreat significantly helps reduce the impacts of child sexual abuse. Some benefits survivors experience from the 4-day retreat are comparable to receiving up to 15-24 weeks of group psychotherapy for trauma due to child sexual abuse.
On average, participants also see:
- 23% reduction of PTSD symptoms.
- 21% improvement in well-being.
- 9% more confidence that they can cope with their traumatic experience.