The Younique Foundation’s Top 10 Blogs of 2017
We love connecting with survivors and supporters on our blog. Connecting with you is one of the main ways we keep the dialogue going about childhood sexual abuse. We’re always here to help you on your healing journey, and we hope that you’ve found information and encouragement here that has inspired you to move forward. In case you missed them, here are our most popular blogs from 2017.
- Survivors and Sexual Intimacy. As a supporter, learn how you can be sensitive in sexual relationships with a survivor to make them feel safe.
- How to Re-Wire Your Brain After Childhood Sexual Abuse. Get ideas for specific activities you can do to calm your limbic system and move past the pain of abuse.
- How to Suggest The Haven Retreat to a Survivor. When a survivor discloses, it can be hard to know how to help. Suggesting The Haven Retreat is one option, and here are some ideas for ways to start the conversation.
- Everything You Need to Know About The Haven Retreat. Find answers to some of your questions about The Haven Retreat and read about its transformative power.
- The Haven Retreat is for You. Yes! I am Talking to You. Many survivors feel like they’re coping with their abuse and doing okay. Learn how we created The Haven Retreat for women exactly like you.
- Can’t Attend The Haven Retreat? 5 Ways You Can Heal from Home. At The Younique Foundation, we want to help all survivors. Here is a list of tools and strategies that you can use wherever you are.
- Loving Your Body: 5 Tips for Having a Positive Body Image. Body image issues can slow down your healing. See things you can do to have a positive relationship with your body.
- Don’t Let Shame Stop You on Your Healing Journey. Survivors often spend years thinking they’re flawed because of what happened in their past. Explore strategies for overcoming feelings of shame and inferiority.
- Your Sexual Health Bill of Rights. Spend time reflecting on the expectations you have regarding your sexual health so that you can have safe and fulfilling relationships.
- How Time Magazine’s Person of the Year is Shifting the Story. Time Magazine declared silence breakers as 2017’s person of the year. Read about how sharing survivor stories can contribute to dialogue and make a difference.